Sunday, January 08, 2006

January 8, 2006

My friend Shannon is off to Africa and because of her blogsite I decided first to sign on, just to be able to respond to her postings then took it a step further and set up my own blog. Seems like an ideal place to post news and pictures without having to send numerous attachments to numerous emails! So I hope some of you will enjoy what you see (and read) here.
My husband and I moved to sunny, southern Cal back in April from Wa State. What a lifestyle change it has been, in many ways! But by and large we do enjoy the area, the Central Valley has much to offer and it is “central” indeed to both the coastal and desert regions of California so there is much to explore.

Winter here is mild, I miss the northwest snows, but not the cold that is necessary to have snow! But we will return to our WA mountain cabin for getaways as often as we can, and I have to admit this year-round sunshine is not hard to adjust to!
The upper picture was taken near Ridgecrest, in the Mojave desert area, a close up of a Joshua Tree. The second picture was taken shortly after our arrival to Taft, the shoe imprints in the ashphalt that we noticed as we crossed the street were our first "clues" that this area was to get very HOT come summer! And we were soon treated to average temps in the low 100's from July through September.

Many more pictures to come, from what we have seen and experienced to date, and what we have yet to see. Check back now and then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home