Saturday, May 19, 2007



Having just returned from our cabin in Washington State I thought I might post a few pictures from the very "beginning", the inception of our cabin. It has been 6 or 7 years since we purchased two acres on a local area lake with plans to build our little "getaway". I remember the excitement from the moment we broke ground and the crew began work. Rod and I would get off work each day and drive up from the valley to view the days results, watch our retreat take form.

I was standing in what is now our loft master bedroom, the view of the lake from which is spectacular.

"When everything is finished, the mornings are sad". ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

I expect this shall be so, as regards the "work", though I need not worry. At the rate we're going these days we will be years into retirement before we can simply hang our hats and lift our feet!

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Wow! I had no idea...what a stunning cabin you have. It must truly be a balm to a weary soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home