Sunday, November 14, 2010

MY BESTS FRIEND'S RANCH

We stopped in to see our good friends, The Hollans, on our way through Washington to our cabin. They have 3000 acres which I find absolutely awesome... imagine...all that space!!! I love the idyllic farmhouse... its warmth and comfort immediately engulfed me and I felt a deep peace. How I love coming home!

From the time we got as far as Sacramento, until we reached our cabin retreat, we were embraced by nature as we do not know it in Bakersfield. Granted the central valley is lovely in itself, as is most all of California, magnificent really, but the mountains and forests of Oregon and Washington, after living in desert climes all year long, are a gift!


Signs of "patriotism" (or a teabagger?) along the way....
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." ~Abraham Lincoln






Bigfoot at Klamath Falls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home