Wednesday, January 24, 2007


Spent a few days in Santa Cruz early this week, the weather has finally come around, temps in the high 60's (degrees). We wandered out on the pier sunday nite for dinner, had crab cakes that were THE best ever! This little cafe was not where we ate, but it was so quaint and colorful, situated at the very end of the long, long pier. The sun had just completely set.

Monday morning I was walking out on the pier and noticed this "clump" of something off to the south about 10 ft. I thought the pelicans had found a log or something to settle and rest on. As it drifted nearer to the pier I realized it was a "clump" of sea lions! They were all laying on their backs or sides, flippers above water. It was the weirdest sight.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

That's an amzing pcture. I wonder if they were sunning their bellies? I know nothing about sea-lions, but that strikes me as a most unusal pose! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home