Wednesday, August 15, 2007


So this is progress! This once beautiful, untouched area in Oroville, where local families would camp, boat, and frolic in the warm shallow waters, is now a huge developers dream.

Upon every return trip I lament the open fields where once apple orchards held vast domain, now fallen prey to deveopers. Once it becomes all housing, then what? I read once where mankind was likened to a virus, slowly spreading over the earth. Here, in this once anonymous little dot on the planet, I see the virus has taken hold.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Paultera135 said...

cool pics could u visit my blog and comment thanks

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Paultera135 said...

hi do u wanna b a friend of my blog joust reply soon. see ya

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

The ouskirts of Cranbrook are becoming similar. Sad, isn't it?

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

(that would be "outskirts")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home