Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oroville in the spring.

The scents of apple blossoms and lilacs were everywhere! It was a joy to return to the valley and our mountain cabin for a brief spell. All the old familiar haunts, scents and sights.

Most our time was spent on various spring projects and with my mother, who is alone now after my fathers passing last June. On one of the few trips to the valley I simply had to capture these beautiful views.



This bank of lilacs grow wild and with abandon. It has been here ever since I can remember, all that remains of a long gone homestead. For many springs I'd jog past it and stop to enjoy the intoxicating scent.


















If you click and enlarge this one of the town you can see "Number Mountain" with the snow capped peaks in the distance. Glorious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home