Sunday, November 28, 2010


AUTUMN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA


While I hear tales from friends of the cold (minus 19) and snow back in our home state of Washington, a long, slow, lazy smile creeps across my face :)

Winter in southern California is like one long vacation...we used to plan all year for our winter escape to warm ports of call....Mexico, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas (yes even Texas - San Antonio is a favorite)...a week or two basking in the warm sun, only to return to ...brrrrr...the icy cold north winds and biting snow of the North West. Not being skiiers any longer (those were part of the 'glory days' LOL), there wasn't much to do but hibernate, in between bulldozing our way through feet of snow to get to work and back every day. Do I miss it? I don't miss the icy cold. I don't miss shoveling the walks. I do miss watching the snow fall though, coming softly down from the sky to blanket the earth with it's softness.





Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home