Friday, February 24, 2006





Wow, catching the news (online, tv, papers) these days is just too frightening, think today requires a break from it all, let things settle, regain some peace of mind in an unpeaceful world. Dubya, WHAT the heck are you thinking????

Anyways, where was I? Back to my resolve...

"It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours!" This was such a day last month! We absolutely welcomed and loved it! Sat out on the porch with a cup'a and breathed deep! Nothing quite like the smell of rain, and the moisture seeping into dry pores! I think we got all of 3 days like this over the course of this winter (Dec - Jan). Spring has come now come to our area, the blossoming pistachio tree farms I passed on my way into the City (Bakersfield) yesterday were lovely, this area is SO like back "home", when those fruit trees come into bloom in April and May.

Stopped for dinner at 'Macaroni's' in Bakersfield last nite, a wonderful Italian restaurent. Dined on Vodka Rigatoni with Grilled Chicken (for me) and Chicken Portobello with spinach and tomato orzo (Rods choice). The dimly lit interior, rock walls, tiled floors and soft music, was a welcome respite from the crazy rush hour traffic outside on Rosedale Ave before we made our way back to quiet little Taft.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger cascadeboy said...

Would you believe that I actually MISS THE RAIN SOMETIMES? I didn't much care driving city traffic in it, but there is just something about a downpour that is so refreshing. Even when it rained for days on end. You take great pictures. I like the "feel" of the rain in the top one!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I keep forgetting tot ell you how much I enjoy reading your thoughts and seeing the pictures. It always makes me feel sort of calm...and as we both know, that can be a HUGE plus in our lives these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home