Friday, May 14, 2010


CARLSBAD BEACH, CA

Carlsbad is described as a "Village by the Sea", it is one of those resort hotspots in the summer that draws millions of tourists....but it is devine!

Oodles of big and small cafes, miles and miles of beach, surfers, beachcombers, and LOTS of very athletic, energetic people everywhere! Riding bikes, jogging, surfing, whereever you turn, watch out!

My 2 full days here were spent mostly on this beach, I'm always looking for beach glass and unusual shells or stones the tides leave behind. I kicked back awhile on this bench, a perfect vantage point (midway down the stairs to the beach) finishing off my book by Margaret Attwood, The Year of the Flood. Another one of those "don't want it to end!!!" novels.



This time of year is truly the best time if one enjoys vast empty beaches as far as the eye can see, with the only sounds that of the surf and the gulls. The temperatures are perfect (low 80's), hotels are plentiful and inexpensive (well compared to peak season)...schools are still in session, vacationers are still just in the "planning" stages of this summers vaca.



I'm quite sure, if you click twice to super enlarge these pix, you'll actually hear the surf for yourself!


Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann

Wolfgang von Goethe




1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm just loving the "double click" thing to enlarge photos, I can't believe I didn't know that until the other day when you mentioned it. Now I'm going back through all of yours and mine old pix on our blogs and really seeing details!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home