Thursday, August 26, 2010

RAISED GARDEN BEDS ~ SUMMER 2010

Lucky me! My lovely husband built me this raised-beds garden this spring. He also laid down concrete pavers between them and installed an automatic, timed sprinkler - all which contributed to virtually very little "work" for me :). No weeding (except a very few stragglers found amid the plants), no watering... how great is that!

We've been enjoying its bounty all summer, first the mixed lettuces, although they went the way of the weeds by mid July, when temps started averaging 112 each day. But tomatos (red and a huge "bush" of yellow pear tomatos), green (and yellow too) beans, beets, eggplant, squash, and herbs (lavender, chives, parsley, basil and thyme) have fed our appetites for fresh, organic, produce all summer.

If you scroll down to my April 23rd post, La Casa Estudillo, Old Town, you'll see what inspried me this spring.

"Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else? ~ Betsy Canas Garmon, http://www.wildthmecreative.%20com/

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Susie said...

just checked out your blog for the first time. Your garden is gorgeous. I, too, love to garden. I will be at taft tomorrow from 9-3, so i'd like to meet you if you're there. I will be driving with Carole tomorrow, so she can introduce us if you're there. I'd love to meet you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home